Join our GROWING (and safety oriented) team!
We are Excel Fitness, a Planet Fitness franchise group based out of Austin, TX with 80+ clubs and growing! Since 2016, we have grown from 16 locations in TX to over 80 locations in 6 states! We are opening 10+ new clubs a year and with that kind of growth, you can build a great career here!
In fact, most of our senior managers started at the front desk and worked their way up! They are now earning base salaries that begin at $42k as a GM, $60k as a Regional manager (responsible for 5-10 locations), and $100k+ as a Regional Director (10+ locations).
Starting At $13.46 per hour!
As the first point of contact with our members, you will be responsible for creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests. You will be responsible for creating a positive member experience through superior level of customer service and cleanliness.
The safety of our Team Players (what we call our team members) and members are our top priority. Here's what we're doing to keep YOU (and our members) safe:
- Mask Up! All of our Team Players are required to wear masks at all times while in-club and members are required to follow all state & local mask mandates.
- Squeaky Clean! We’ve always been known for our clean clubs, but we have kicked that up to ensure our equipment and facilities are effectively sanitized against COVID-19.
- Social Fitnessing! We offer a touch-less check in for our members and promote keeping a safe distance between all.
- Not Feeling Great? We encourage all Team Players who are not feeling well to stay home and offer a paid leave to lessen the stress of not working.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the General Manager in planning and implementing strategies to attract and keep customers based on our Excel Core Values.
· Supervise and motivate staff to perform to their best abilities.
· Communicate with members and a create a high level of customer service.
· Perform daily club inspections, assign cleaning or associated tasks along with re-inspecting said tasks
· Hold employees accountable for meeting company standards, audit daily paperwork, resolving day-to-day customer issues, and follow through with necessary coaching and or performance management
· Maintain availability while off shift as club direct contact to help field club questions and or emergencies.
· Required to be on call during company Peak Season/Sale Expirations when needed to support club needs.
· Will be responsible to oversee club operations and staff when the General Manager is off or unavailable.
· HS diploma or equivalent required.
· Proven ability to lead, encourage, develop and supervise the work of others.
· Familiar with Excel mission, values, vision, and culture, as well as the Planet Fitness brand and operational requirements
· Demonstrated the ability, confidence and leadership to managing a team.
· Great communication skills with internal and external customers.
· Must be team oriented, motivated and well organized.
· Ability to think critically and evaluate solutions to problems proactively
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you are a natural-born leader with at least one year of prior experience as a manager, supervisor, or team lead and want to be an integral part of improving the lives of others, we would love to speak with you. Apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.