Welcome to Excel Fitness! Who are we? Excel Fitness operates over 70 Planet Fitness locations throughout 6 different states. Excel Fitness is focused on building a team culture and atmosphere constructed on trust, humility and strong relationships, always leading by example and putting others first with the upmost integrity, dedication and accountability. Through our mission, Excel Fitness has created a company culture based around Humility, Integrity, Dedication, Accountability and always being team player. Does this company sound like a perfect fit you for? If so, apply today to have the opportunity to become a part of the Excel Fitness Team!
Position: Call Center Supervisor
Reports to: Call Center Manager
Department: Call Center Operations
Compensation: $15.00 - $17.00 DOE
Purpose: Supervise and guide Call Center agents to ensure team performance meets department operational standards while delivering +1 customer service to internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and evaluate agent performance, provide learning or coaching opportunities, and ensure department standards are met to drive +1 customer satisfaction.
- Assist with resolving agent questions/problems, developing independence and use of resources, and using solid judgement skills.
- Monitor, evaluate, and complete call quality scorecards on a monthly basis as designated by Call Center Leadership.
- Oversee the staff scheduling process, including optimizing and monitoring breaks and lunches, to support call volume. Collaborate with the Call Center Analyst to help identify coverage gaps and scheduling solutions to meet business needs.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on Call Center metrics to management on team performance and strategize to maintain department goals.
- Lead in the recruitment process to employ new talent while maintaining the agent onboarding process, with Call Center management approval.
- Own employee relations process and make recommendations for disciplinary actions with Call Center management approval. Collaborate with HR to determine solutions and execute approved corrective action delivered to agents.
- Occasionally assist in answering inbound calls from customers based on call volume needs.
- Act as a point of contact for escalated forms of communication from internal and external customers.
- Maintain department inboxes, process refunds, and other items as designated by call center management, and ensure items are completed within Excel Fitness standards.
- Help oversee the cleanliness of the Call Center.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years Excel Fitness Call Center Experience preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year Leadership experience supporting and supervising the work of a small team of employees.
- HS diploma or equivalent required and must be at least 18 years old.
- Lead by example and build effective relationships by inspiring and supporting others.
- Familiar with and actively upholds the Excel mission, values, vision, and culture, as well as the Planet Fitness brand.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity of Planet Fitness operations and membership practices.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate.
- Proven ability to efficiently utilize system applications to assist with all member inquiries, process Proficiency in Microsoft Office, CRM systems and other related applications.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgement and direct others clearly and effectively.
- Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are essential elements of this position when working with internal and external customers.
- Punctuality, reliability, patience, and a strong willingness to go above and beyond.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position supports management in the daily operation of the Call Center and has direct supervisor responsibility over a designated team of up to 12 agents. Will ensure team can adequately exhibit and maintain all Excel values, principles, policies, and duties, as well as meets established performance metrics.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role regularly uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, talk and hear; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time, nonexempt position. A nonexempt employee is one who is entitled to the minimum wage and/or overtime pay protections of the FLSA. The anticipated work schedule for this position will be set during normal Call Center hours of operation and determined by business need.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
EEO Statement: Excel Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other employment practices.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer’s life, you’ve found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you’re making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.